About Me

My photo
I am an extrovert person.. Love to know more people..

Tuesday 6 May, 2008

Guud mn!!!

Hi all,
Gm..
Have a wonderful day ahead!!



Thoughts to Make
U think!!!

A question of courage
It was my good friend Vicky on the other end of the line. "I heard about your birthday party next week," she said. "I just wanted to let you know I'm free that evening." The moment she began talking, I realized that I had forgotten to invite her. I apologized, assuring her that she was most welcome to attend. Hanging up the phone, I was mortified by my mistake. But I was impressed with Vicky's reaction. Would I have had the courage to make such a call?

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment
that something else is more important than fear.
- Ambrose Redmoon

We should not let our fear hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
- John F. Kennedy

Bruno's commentary
I probably would have asked myself endlessly why I wasn't invited, building up resentment over being left out. I would have been hurt, failing to realize that such situations are common in today's hurry-up, high-tech days. Emails get lost in cyberspace and voicemail messages accidentally get erased. It's much better to be like Vicky and approach these situations head-on but nicely. It keeps negativity out of life. But what if the call reveals that the lack of communication was intentional? That would open the door for further clarification about the relationship ... and isn't that a good thing, too?

Is something bothering you? Make that phone call now and clarify the situation.

Luv,
Viji
"God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless."
-Mahatma Gandhi, 1931

No comments: